15 thoughts every Grad has about Graduating in 2017
Written by Natasha Gorey
Another year of school gone to the wind and if you’re anything like me you’re probably stressing about what you are going to do with the rest of your life. You are probably riding on an endless roller coaster of emotion. Graduating from Carleton is truly bittersweet. Finishing your first university degree and moving on to something different is exciting but leaving your undergrad days behind is a little terrifying.
Regardless of how you’re feeling during this time know that you are NOT ALONE.
Here are 16 thoughts Every Grad has about Graduating from University:
1) When you can’t wait to finally be free of essays and exams
2) Finally being able to say you have a degree
3) When you realize all of the cool things you’ve learned over the past 4 years
4) The feeling you get when it finally sinks in that you’re graduating
5) When you realize that you will no longer be able to get student discounts at stores
6) Those moments when you’re unsure of what the next chapter of your life will be
7) When you feel overwhelmed because you’re terrified and excited all at the same time
8) When family members repeatedly ask you what your plans are after graduation and you have to pretend like you know
9) When you reminisce about all of the fun times you had at Carleton
10) When you start to panic about going out into the “real world”. What even is that anyway?
11) When your friends and family try to comfort you
12) When you realize that there’s no point in stressing about it because you’re determined to get what you want in life
13) When you take a deep breath and realize you’ve finally made it through your undergrad
14) And every day you spent at the library was worth it
15) When you realize Carleton will always have a special place in your heart because after all once a Raven, always a Raven
Congratulations Class of 2017. You did it!