Camp Description: The goal of the Summer Camp in Creative Writing is to introduce aspiring writers to a foundation in creative writing techniques, including the building blocks of plot, character development, and figurative language. Campers can expect a fun and interactive week of inspirational games, writing time, collaboration, and short lessons. Most of all, this camp dedicates a lot of time to the most important technique for writers: writing! Each day of camp will include:
- Group Time with the Instructor to learn about various writing topics via Zoom (including elements like Description, Setting, Character, Plot, Forms, Figures).
- Structured Writing via Google Classrooms to practice new techniques or approaches.
- Free Writing Time to explore the camper’s own interests
Age: 10 – 16 years old
- The program will be delivered over the ZOOM platform in the afternoon from Monday to Friday for approximately 1 hour per day.
- There will be an offline activities afterwards using google Classrooms for approximately 30 minutes.
- Participants will need access to a tablet or PC to use ZOOM (the use of phone is not recommend due to its small screen size).
- The price of the week long program is $109
- Below is a list of dates the program will run
|WEEK||DATES||DAILY ZOOM TIMES|
|Week 1||July 5 to July 9||1:00pm to 2:00pm|
|Week 2||July 12 to July 16||1:00pm to 2:00pm|
|Week 3||July 19 to July 23||1:00pm to 2:00pm|
|Week 4||July 26 to July 30||1:00pm to 2:00pm|
|Week 5 (4 days)||Aug 3 to Aug 6||1:00pm to 2:15pm|
|Week 6||Aug 9 to Aug 13||1:00pm to 2:00pm|
|Week 7||Aug 16 to Aug 20||1:00pm to 2:00pm|
|Week 8||Aug 23 to Aug 27||1:00pm to 2:00pm|