2023 Summer Camp Registration is Now Open
2023 Ravens Leadership Camp
CONTINUING FOR SUMMER 2023: A full cafeteria lunch will be offered as an optional add-on to your summer camp registration at a cost of $33 per week ($26.40 for a 4 day camp).
Leadership Campers will be certified in Emergency First Aid / CPR B and a Red Cross Babysitting Course
The Ravens Leadership Camp in Ottawa is designed for adolescents who are interested in acquiring skills that will enrich both their personal and professional lives and begin to prepare them for future volunteer and employment opportunities. During their two weeks at camp, leadership campers will participate in daily leadership workshops and seminars lead by our experienced camp staff.
The Ravens Leadership Camp will cost $611 ($580 for 9 days) without a cafeteria lunch.
Carleton University Leadership Camp focuses on the following:
- Goal Setting
- Leadership styles
- Teamwork & Communication
- Child Development Stages
- Facilitation & Activity Planning
The Ravens Leadership Camp focuses on both theory and practical development. At the end of the two-week session, each camper will receive a formal evaluation/reference and a certificate of completion.
Babysitting Course Content:
- How to be responsible and demonstrate leadership
- How to make good decisions and manage difficult behaviours
- Information on children’s developmental stages, and specific strategies for each stage
- How to feed, diaper, dress, and play with children and babies
- How to recognize and prevent unsafe situations, make safe choices and promote safe behaviours
- First aid skills
- The business of babysitting
Emergency First Aid with CPR B Course Content:
- Victim assessment
- External Bleeding
- Heart Attack & Stroke
- Wounds and Burns
Includes CPR-B certification. Recognized by Ontario’s Workplace Safety & Insurance Board.
During their time at camp, leadership campers will have many opportunities to observe other camp groups. During Week 2 of the camp session campers will apply what they have learned (through interaction with younger campers and peers and helping organize small activities).
Leadership Camp Age Range
Teenagers who are between 12 and 15 years old.
The registration fee includes a T-shirt and an optional recreational swim.
Please note that a full cafeteria lunch will be offered as an optional add-on to your summer camp registration as a cost of $86 for 2 weeks ($77.40 for a 9 day camp). Our cafeteria is certified to be peanut and tree nut free. Parents also have the option to pack nutritious lunch for their child as an alternative. Campers in the same group who bring their own lunch will sit together at a location outside of the cafeteria. Unfortunately, campers who bring their own lunch are not permitted to eat inside the cafeteria.
Dates & Times
- Session 1: July 4 to July 14 (9 days)
- Session 2: July 17 to July 28
- Session 3: July 31 to August 11 (9 days)
- Session 4: August 14 to August 25
- The hours of the camp are from 8:30am to 4:30pm daily
- Drop off is from 8:30am to 9:00am
- Pick up is from 4:00pm to 4:30pm
- Drop off & Pick up will take place outdoors on TAGG Field (stadium field).
- Optional Early/late care will be offered at a cost of $30 for the week.
- Early care runs from 7:30am to 8:30am
- Late care runs from 4:30pm to 5:30pm
Although many of our volunteers and full time staff have previously completed the Ravens Leadership Camp, camp attendance and completion does not guarantee future employment or volunteering opportunities within the Carleton camp program