2022 Summer Camp Registration is Now Open
In light of the recent announcement from Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health and the evolving recommendations from Ottawa Public Health, Carleton will be pausing its mandatory mask mandate starting June 25, 2022
2022 Ravens Leadership Camp
NEW FOR SUMMER 2022: A full cafeteria lunch will be offered as an optional add-on to your summer camp registration at a cost of $33 per week ($26.40 for a 4 day camp).
New for Leadership Camp 2022:Leadership Campers will be certified in Emergency First Aid / CPR B and a Red Cross Babysitting Course
The Ravens Leadership Camp in Ottawa is designed for adolescents who are interested in acquiring skills that will enrich both their personal and professional lives and begin to prepare them for future volunteer and employment opportunities. During their two weeks at camp, leadership campers will participate in daily leadership workshops and seminars lead by our experienced camp staff.
The Ravens Leadership Camp will cost $599 ($569 for 9 days) without a cafeteria lunch.
Carleton University Leadership Camp focuses on the following:
- Leadership Styles
- Employment Skills & Job Readiness
- Volunteerism & Social Responsibility
- Facilitation & Activity Planning
- Inclusion & Diversity
- Safety and supervision for instructional programs
- Teamwork & Communication
- Goal Setting
The Ravens Leadership Camp focuses on both theory and practical development. At the end of the two week session, each camper will receive a formal evaluation/reference and a certificate of completion.
Babysitting Course Content:
- How to be responsible and demonstrate leadership
- How to make good decisions and manage difficult behaviours
- Information on children’s developmental stages, and specific strategies for each stage
- How to feed, diaper, dress, and play with children and babies
- How to recognize and prevent unsafe situations, make safe choices and promote safe behaviours
- First aid skills
- The business of babysitting
Emergency First Aid with CPR B Course Content:
- Victim assessment
- External Bleeding
- Heart Attack & Stroke
- Wounds and Burns
Includes CPR-B certification. Recognized by Ontario’s Workplace Safety & Insurance Board.
During their time at camp, leadership campers will have many opportunities to apply what they have learned (through interaction with younger campers and peers and organizing and teaching activities). The Leadership campers will work together to organize an entire afternoon of activities for nearly the entire sports camp.
Leadership Camp Age Range
Teenagers who are between 13 and 15 years old.
The registration fee includes a T-shirt and an optional recreational swim.
Please note that a full cafeteria lunch will be offered as an optional add-on to your summer camp registration as a cost of $33 per week ($26.40 for a 4 day camp). Our cafeteria is certified to be peanut and tree nut free. Parents also have the option to pack nutritious lunch for their child as an alternative. Campers in the same group who bring their own lunch will sit together at a location outside of the cafeteria. Unfortunately, campers who bring their own lunch are not permitted to eat inside the cafeteria.
Dates & Times
- Session 1: July 4 to July 15
- Session 2: July 18 to July 29
- Session 3: August 2 to August 12
- Session 4: August 15 to August 26
- The hours of the camp are from 8:30am to 4:30pm daily
- Drop off is from 8:30am to 9:00am
- Pick up is from 4:00pm to 4:30pm
- Drop off & Pick up will take place outdoors on the Ravens Perch (stadium field).
- Optional Early/late care will be offered at a cost of $30 for the week.
- Early care runs from 7:30am to 8:30am
- Late care runs from 4:30pm to 5:30pm
Although many of our volunteers and full time staff have previously completed the Ravens Leadership Camp, camp attendance and completion does not guarantee future employment or volunteering opportunities within the Carleton camp program