Camp Description: The Ravens Virtual Leadership Camp is a two-part program designed for adolescents who are interested in acquiring skills that will enrich both their personal and professional lives.
Age: 13 – 16 years old
Cost: $149 + HST per module (2 modules needed for course completion)
- The program will be delivered over the ZOOM platform in the mornings from Monday to Friday for approximately 2.5 hours per day (12.5 hours per week).
- Participants will need access to a tablet or PC to use ZOOM (the use of phone is not recommend due to its small screen size).
- The program is broken into two modules (Module 1 & Module 2) to allow for flexibility of completion.
- Each module is one week long. The modules do NOT need to be completed on consecutive weeks.
- The modules cannot be taken at the same time. Participants must complete Module 1 before taking Module 2. Both modules must be finished for the course to be completed.
- The price of each module is $149 + HST ($298 + HST for both).
- Below is a list of dates the modules will run.
|Week 1||July 5 to July 9||1||9:30am to 12:00pm|
|Week 2||July 12 to July 16||1 & 2||9:30am to 12:00pm|
|Week 3||July 19 to July 23||1 & 2||9:30am to 12:00pm|
|Week 4||July 26 to July 30||1 & 2||9:30am to 12:00pm|
|Week 5 (4 days)||Aug 3 to Aug 6||1 & 2||9:30am to 12:30pm|
|Week 6||Aug 9 to Aug 13||1 & 2||9:30am to 12:00pm|
|Week 7||Aug 16 to Aug 20||1 & 2||9:30am to 12:00pm|
|Week 8||Aug 23 to Aug 27||2||9:30am to 12:00pm|
Carleton University Leadership Camp focuses on the following:
- The importance of proper goal setting
- Effective leadership styles
- Improving communication skills
- Group dynamics & the importance of inclusion
- Building confidence & new friendships
- Child development
- Activity planning & activity instruction
- Volunteerism & employment preparedness (resume writing)
- Leadership Campers will also obtain their Red Cross Babysitting Certification by successfully completing the program.
Red Cross Babysitting Course:
- How to be responsible and demonstrate leadership
- How to make good decisions and manage difficult behaviours
- Information on children’s developmental stages, and specific strategies for each stage
- How to feed, diaper, dress, and play with children and babies
- How to recognize and prevent unsafe situations, make safe choices and promote safe behaviours
- First aid skills
- The business of babysitting