On the recommendation of Ottawa Public Health, Carleton will be maintaining the mandatory COVID-19 Mask Policy until further notice. Masks must be worn when inside all university buildings including all athletics facilities.
Carleton will be suspending its vaccination requirements for participation in in-person Carleton activities beginning May 1, 2022. Please note that it may become necessary to bring back proof of vaccination requirements on short notice if the situation and public health advice changes.
- Online booking will continue to be required. If space permits, patrons can attend multiple sessions in a day.
- Cubbies are being removed in the Fitness Centre. Gym bags and outdoor shoes will no longer be permitted in the Fitness Centre. Patrons are asked to use the changerooms.
- Members are asked to swipe in at the Welcome Centre front desk.
- Please ensure to bring your Campus Card/Athletics Membership Card with you.
- Please do not enter the facilities if you are experiencing symptoms potentially linked to COVID-19.
- Spray bottles will be placed throughout the Fitness Centre for member use. Personal spray bottles will be provided on request.
The operations of the Fitness Centre will fully comply with regulations (and any updates) issued by the Ontario government and Public of Health. In the event of a conflict between this plan summary and the regulations, the regulations shall prevail.
- Masks are mandatory in all areas of the facility (except while actively exercising in the Fitness Centre)
- Use hand-sanitizer upon entry to the facility
- To cancel a booking, please find instructions here.
Arriving at the Fitness Centre
Please arrive within the first 15-minutes of your booking. If you are beyond the 15-minutes arrival window – your spot will become available as a drop-in for someone who has not booked in advance. Please note, we cannot guarantee your booking if you arrive later than 15-minutes from the start time of the booking.
Locker Rooms and showers are available.
Fitness Centre Health & Safety Guidelines
For a complete list of general policies & guidelines please click here.
We have taken the following steps to ensure a safe environment in the Fitness Centre:
- 100 patrons in the Fitness Centre per booking
- Bookings open 72 hours in advance
- Failure to cancel multiple bookings will result in a loss of privileges
- The fitness center staff will begin a deep clean 10 minutes prior to the end of each booking session.
- Please limit your usage of a weight machine to 15 minutes and cardio machine to 30 minutes
- Arrive 5 minutes before your session and line up outside the Fitness Centre (no early access). Please depart immediately after the booking has ended.
- All patrons must wear a mask when entering and exiting the facility or moving throughout the Fitness Centre. You may remove your mask when you are at your station actively exercising.
- Limited equipment will be lent out to patrons.
- All patrons must clean equipment before and after use. Each patron is assigned a spray bottle to use during their workout and paper towels are available throughout the facility.
- Staff are here to help provide a safe environment for your workout, therefore, requests from staff must be followed.
- Gym bags and personal items are not allowed on the main floor of the Fitness Centre. Cubbies or the changeroom is available for storage of personal items at this time.
- No “working in” during COVID restrictions.
- All equipment must be wiped down/cleaned after use.
- Inappropriate behaviour or abuse of equipment, other members, or staff will not be tolerated.
Fitness Centre Considerations and What to do’s:
- What to do if you would like to use the same piece of equipment as another patron:
- Due to COVID you can no longer work in with another patron. Please ask how long they will be at the station and wait until it is available.
- What to do if another patron starts using your machine while you are resting:
- Respectfully explain to the other patron how many sets you have left and that during COVID please refrain from working in.
- What to do if you are using a machine and other patrons are waiting to use it:
- Acknowledge that other patrons are waiting to use the machine and finish up your sets in a reasonable time frame. No sharing of equipment is permitted.
- When you are finished with your machines or equipment you should:
- Wipe down equipment and machines with the spray bottle and paper towel provided. Ensure that you are removing all weights and return the weights to the appropriate place.
For details about our full safety plan as described by the Ontario Regulation please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.