Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required for all community members 12 years of age and older to enter Carleton University Recreation and Athletics facilities. Members of the Carleton community that are already using the cuScreen system are encouraged to continue to do so. Visitors, who are not regular Carleton Athletics patrons can use their provincial COVID-19 vaccination passport along with government issued photo ID, which includes date of birth, to verify their vaccination status.
Any individual who cannot be vaccinated on medical grounds or other protected grounds recognized by the Ontario Human Rights Code can request an exemption.
All individuals who are coming on to campus or participating in an in-person Carleton activity, including the use of recreation and athletics facilities must attest to their vaccination status and complete the screening questionnaire in advance. Setting up your cuScreen guest/visitors account can take approximately 15-20 minutes and you cannot enter/access the facilities without verifying your vaccination status and screening through cuScreen. Staff will be checking for the “green” checkmark/badge before entry.
When setting up your guest account, please use the visitor registration code: CARLETONU-VISITOR.
For assistance setting up your cuScreen guest account, please review the steps provided by the Carleton University cuScreen website.
GENERAL COVID-19 RULES (Athletics)
- Physical Distancing: All persons using the facilities (including outdoor sports fields and stadiums) must maintain a physical distance of at least 2 meters (3 meters in the fitness centre & classes) from every other person within the facility.
- Mask Policy: All persons entering or remaining in these premises must wear a mask that securely covers the nose, mouth, and chin as required by the Medical Officer of Health and the authority of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act Ontario Reg 263/20. Participants who are unable to wear a face mask as described within the by-law are encouraged to wear a face shield to help protect other members of the Carleton community.
- Screening: Under the Ontario Reopening act, all gueOn the recommendation of Ottawa Public Health, Carleton will be maintaining the mandatory COVID-19 Mask Policy until further notice. Masks must be worn when inside all university buildings including all athletics facilities.
Carleton will be suspending its vaccination requirements for participation in in-person Carleton activities beginning May 1, 2022. Please note that it may become necessary to bring back proof of vaccination requirements on short notice if the situation and public health advice changes.
- Online booking will continue to be required. If space permits, patrons can attend multiple sessions in a day.
- Cubbies are being removed in the Fitness Centre. Gym bags and outdoor shoes will no longer be permitted in the Fitness Centre. Patrons are asked to use the changerooms.
- Members are asked to swipe in at the Welcome Centre front desk.
- Please ensure to bring your Campus Card/Athletics Membership Card with you.
- Please do not enter the facilities if you are experiencing symptoms potentially linked to COVID-19.
- Spray bottles will be placed throughout the Fitness Centre for member use. Personal spray bottles will be provided on request.
- Online booking will continue to be required.
- CUFIT is included with summer membership purchases.
- All persons using the facility should bring their own labelled water bottle with water (only touchless bottle fillers will be available in select areas)
- All participants, coaches and staff should avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth
- Spitting is not permitted and will result in being asked to leave the facility
- All non-essential contact should be avoided (handshakes, high 5’s, etc.)
Equipment should not be shared unless properly disinfected between each use.