Starting on Wednesday, September 22, 2021, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination will be required for all community members 12 years of age and older to enter Carleton University Recreation and Athletics facilities using the cuScreen system.
The operations of Group Fitness Programs will fully comply with Step 3 regulations (and any updates) issued by the Ontario government and Public of Health. In the event of a conflict between this plan summary and the regulations, the regulations shall prevail.
- Masks are mandatory in all areas of the facility (except when actively exercising in a designated space in a fitness class)
- Use hand-sanitizer upon entry to the facility
- Always maintain physical distancing (2 meters) in the fitness studios
For full details of the Ontario regulation please click here
Arriving at Group Fitness
- Those attending a class in the Ice House should enter through the icehouse entrance and proceed to the welcome desk for check-in. Those attending a class in Alumni Hall (Yoga Room) should enter through Alumni Hall and proceed to the Alumni Hall Welcome Desk.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled class. Failure to arrive on time may result in your booking being cancelled so a drop-in can fill the spot.
- After checking in, proceed to the second floor of the Ice house or through the gates and upstairs for classes held in the Yoga Studio.
Watch our Group Fitness Virtual Tour here for detailed instructions CLICK HERE
NOTE – Parking fees will be reinstated on September 1, 2021.
To access a Group Fitness Class
- Pre-Book your workout
- Complete the COVID-19 Screening form
- Upon arrival, scan the building access bar code to gain access to the facility
- Be prepared to show ID and proof of completing the COVID-19 screening form
NOTE —if you are registered in an instructional class, booking is not required but COVID screening is required
Group Fitness Health & Safety Guidelines
For a complete list of general policies & guidelines please click here.
We have taken the following steps to ensure a safe environment in Group Fitness classes:
- We have reduced the capacity in all our rooms.
- Water fountains are not available.
- Locker Rooms are not available.
- Participants must leave 10 minutes after their scheduled class.
- Masks are mandatory when collecting equipment and moving around in the facility. Masks may be removed only while working out.
- Disinfectant and paper towel is available to clean all equipment before and after each use.