Group Fitness Policies and Procedures
Please note that all Group Fitness Classes (other than Skating) will be available as an online Zoom class. To book an in-person group fitness class, please familiarize yourself with the following:
Booking and Cancelation
To book an In-Person class, please click here.
To watch a video tutorial of how to book and cancel, click here.
To watch a video tutorial of the in-person procedures click here.
Registration will open 7 days in advance for booking classes. You can cancel up to 2 hours prior to your class starting. Walk-ins are able to check-in 10 minutes prior to the class by visiting the Welcome Desk if space is available.
Note: We will be supplying and cleaning equipment needed for classes like dumbbells, kettlebells, etc. that can be easily cleaned due to COVID. We will not be supplying mats, pads, or material based equipment for the class. If you need a mat, please bring a mat from home.
To Cancel an In-Person Class (up to 2 hours prior to the class start time) complete the following steps:
- Visit rec.carleton.ca
- Log in to your account in the top corner. If you have a Carleton e-mail address, click on MC1 Credentials. If you have a personal account, click local.
- Click on your name at the top right corner
- Select Profile
- Under Personal Information, click on Programs (left navigation menu)
- Find the booking registration from the list
- Click on the three dots at the end of the booking listing
- Select Cancel Registration and confirm
Daily COVID Screening
All members who book a workout time will be asked to complete a COVID-19 Screening Form the day of their scheduled workout.
If you answer YES to any of the screening questions, DO NOT BOOK A WORKOUT OR ENTER THE FACILITY. Stay home & self-isolate right away. Visit http://www.OttawaPublicHealth.ca/Coronavirus for more information as you may be eligible for a COVID-19 test.
Procedures for Entering and Departing Group Fitness Classes
After Booking online to reserve your spot, you will need to:
- Ensure you have completed the Daily COVID Screening on the day of your booking
- Park at the P3 parking lot located beside the Carleton Ice House and make sure you have your swipe card with you
- Have a water bottle filled with water if you prefer. Water bottle refills will be available but you will not be able to drink out of the fountains
- Enter the Ice House through the main entrance. A mask is required to enter the building and until the class begins
- Head to the Ice House Welcome Desk. They will ask you:
- Your name and booking details
- If you have completed the Daily COVID Screening
- Head up the central staircase (you passed it on your way to the desk) and down the hallway on the right. You will need your swipe card to access the group fitness area.
- Line up down the hallway according to social distancing protocols and the red tape on the wall as a guideline. DO NOT enter the room until told to do so by your instructor
- When you enter the room, please use the hand sanitizer available and:
- If you are booked in the Combatives studio, you will see an X on the ground. Please head to an empty spot and keep your mask on until the class begins; or
- If you are booked in the Multipurpose room, you will see equipment surrounding the structure. The instructor will let you know what you need for the class. Take the equipment you need and head to an empty spot, keeping your mask on until the class begins.
- After your class please use the hand sanitizer on your way out the door:
- If you are booked in the Combatives studio, exit the studio to your right and head out the emergency exit doors which will take you outside.
- If you are booked in the Multipurpose room, follow the arrows heading left, then right and exit the emergency exit door which will take you outside.