Personal Training Certification Course (W.I.T.S.)
Interested in learning more about Fitness and do you want to kick-start a career in the Fitness Industry?
Become a Certified Personal Trainer with World Instructor Training School (W.I.T.S.) and Carleton Athletics. Take on a career that you can be proud of! This is a great opportunity to enter the Fitness Industry and begin earning income while pursuing your passion in fitness and health. Enjoy the benefits of a flexible schedule and learn from industry experts through online modules and intensive hands-on practical training. Finish your certification with a 30hour internship that will help you exceed the industry standard.
- Course Includes:
- 16hrs of online theory lectures and 16 hours of in-class “hands on” practical training labs
- Written and practical exams. (Students are required to achieve a minimum of 72% on the written exam and a minimum of 80% on the practical exam.)
Course Fees: (does not include course textbook and liability insurance)
Fall 2017 & Winter 2018 Course Schedule
|Course Type||Course Start Date||Course End Date||Written Exam Date|
|Fall Hybrid||Monday October 2nd 2017||Saturday November 11th 2017 (2-day intensive practical November 11th and 12th)||Saturday November 18th 2017|
|Winter Hybrid||Monday February 19th 2018||April 1st 2018 (2-day intensive practical March 31st and April 1st)||Saturday April 7th 2018|
Hybrid courses include 6-Weeks of online lectures and a 2-day intensive practical at the end of the 6-weeks. Hands on intensive practical will be held in the High Performance Centre at Carleton Athletics.
Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity, register today!
Accreditation & Approval of W.I.T.S.:
- W.I.T.S. certification course now accepted by CanFitPro clubs.
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- International Association of Continuing Education & Training (IACET)
- American Occupational Therapy Association – accepted as 6 CEUs
- National (American) Certification Board of Massage Therapy & Body Work – accepted as 15 CE hours
- Practical Exam reviews will be made available the week of November 13th, 2017 for a fee of $50.
- If a participant fails to meet the minimum standards to pass either the written or practical portion of the exam an option to re-take the exam will be made available. A $20 Fee is required.
Once the course is activated there are no refunds. Once started and you cannot commit to the course you do have 12-months to complete it.
Register in Person
Visit the Welcome Centre in Alumni Hall during our hours of operation