Not interested in organized sports? Don’t have time to commit to a team? Open Rec is the solution. Regardless of your skill level, Carleton Athletics has something for you. Carleton students, staff, faculty and community members can drop in during designated times to play their favourite sports. From badminton to volleyball, you can find activities to enjoy all through the school year.
PLEASE SEE THE SCHEDULE CHANGES FOR OPEN REC
|Jan. 13 – April 7, 2014||Mondays||3:00 pm – 5:00 pm||Norm Fenn Gymnasium|
|Wednesdays||3:15 pm – 5:00 pm||Norm Fenn Gymnasium|
- Racquets can be rented at the Welcome Centre ($2.00 plus GST)
|Jan. 6 – April 7, 2014||Mondays & Wednesdays||10:30 am – 1:30 pm||Ravens’ Nest|
|Tuesdays & Thursdays||11:30 am – 2:30 pm||Ravens’ Nest|
|Fridays||10:00 am – 1:00 pm||Ravens’ Nest|
- Proper footwear and attire is required. No food or drink permitted in the Ravens’ Nest. Must bring proper student/staff/faculty/membership ID.
- PLEASE NOTE: BASKETBALL OPEN REC. is CANCELLED on FRIDAY, APRIL 4th.
Indoor Running & Jogging
|Fall & Winter Semesters||Monday – Friday||6:00 am – 10:00 pm||Fieldhouse Track|
- NOTE: Track may close occasionally due to special events in the Fieldhouse. Contact us to verify availability.
| Jan. 6 – April 16, 2014||Mondays||10:30 am – 11:30 am||Ice House – Rink B|
|Wednesdays||9:30 am – 10:30 am||Ice House – Rink B|
- Full equipment is mandatory, including a full face shield.
- Maximum of 22 participants on a first come, first serve basis.
- Free for students.
- $10.00 + GST per session for the public.
|Regular||Jan. 7 – April 15, 2014||Tuesdays||12:30 pm – 1:30 pm||Ice House – Rink B|
|Thursdays||12:30 pm – 1:30 pm||Ice House – Rink B|
|Advanced||Jan. 6 – April 14, 2014||Mondays||9:30 am – 10:30 am||Ice House – Rink B|
- Open for free to students, faculty, staff and community members.
- Figure skating practice is permitted during advanced open skate time slots
- No pucks or sticks are permitted on the ice during open skate times
- CSA-approved hockey helmets and full facemasks are strongly recommended for all recreation skates and are MANDATORY when using skate aids and accessibility devices on the ice.
- Children under ten (10) years of age must be under the supervision of a parent or guardian fourteen (14) years of age or older. Proof of age (I.D.) may be requested.
|Jan. 6 – April 7, 2014||Mondays||9:00 am – 1:00 pm||Fieldhouse North Field|
|Wednesdays||9:00 am – 1:00 pm||Fieldhouse North Field|
|Jan. 6 – April 14, 2014||Mondays – Fridays||6:00 am – 10:00 pm||Squash Courts|
- Squash courts are open to students, subject to availability from rental groups, leagues and classes.
- Racquets ($2.00 plus GST) and balls can be rented at the Welcome Centre.
- Students must book a court in advance at the Welcome Centre.
|Jan. 6 – April 14, 2014||Monday – Friday||11:00 am – 4:00 pm||Tennis Bubble|
- Carleton students may walk on and use open courts that are not reserved by other members; no advanced bookings available.
|Jan. 7 – April 3, 2014||Tuesdays||10:00 am – 12:00 pm||Fieldhouse South Field|
|Thursdays||1:00 pm – 3:00 pm||Fieldhouse South Field|
- NOTE: Ultimate is cancelled on October 31st and November 7th.
|Jan. 14 – April 3, 2014||Tuesdays||3:30 pm – 4:30 pm||Norm Fenn Gymnasium|
|Thursdays||3:30 pm – 4:30 pm||Norm Fenn Gymnasium|
Recreational Swim is available all year, please check the pool schedule for more detailed information. The Carleton Athletics Pool is available for Lane Swim, Recreational Swim and Women’s Only Swim throughout the week.Community members also have access to Open Swim Hours at the following rates:
- Children (under 14): $ 3.50
- Adults: $ 4.85 (HST incl.)
- Family Rate: $15.60 (HST incl.) up to (4) children, (2) adults
View pool schedule