Our 50-metre indoor L-shaped pool has a diving area with a 3-platform Olympic diving tower, springboards, a slide, a bubbler and a swing rope. The pool has a flow-over-edge design that facilitates getting into and out of the water. A step-ramp in the shallow end makes for easier access. The high ceiling, excellent ventilation and natural light make this pool a pleasure to use. The pool is supervised by qualified, professional and caring lifeguards / aquatic instructors.
ALL swims on our Pool Schedules are open to the general public (see public swim rates below). Carleton University students, faculty, staff and community members are welcome to ALL swims listed at no charge. Children under (14) MUST be accompanied by an adult 18 year of age or older. Direct supervision of children under (14) is required in the pool area, the locker rooms and throughout the facility. One adult is required to supervise every two children less than 7 years of age. In the pool area, children under 7 years of age should be within ‘arms-reach’.
Water running (deep end) is available during all (whole pool or deep end) REC & LANE Swims. ALL groups larger than of (8) should book in advance, by emailing email Steve Baird (Aquatics Coordinator).
External Coaches, Swim Instructors (Policy): Personal trainers, coaches or instructors, who are not employees of Carleton Recreation and Athletics, are not permitted to use Carleton facilities to coach, teach or instruct individuals or groups. This includes all facilities: Swimming Pool, Fitness Centre, Field House, Gyms & other freelance areas (Multi-purpose Room, Fitness Studios). Freelance time in the pool refers to all Public Swims. The priority during our public swims for our patrons and members (student, staff, faculty and members) is a safe and unimpeded access to all lanes and leisure areas, for fitness and recreational swimming. External trainers, coaches and instructors cannot use space for lessons or training sessions during any public swim. To discuss special arrangements or pool rental availabilities, contact Steve Baird (Aquatics Coordinator).
Public Swim Pricing
- Children (under 14): $3.50
- Adults: $4.85
- Family (up to 4 kids and 2 adults): $15.60
All Changes to Public Swim Schedule will be announced HERE. Contact us to confirm the pool schedule.
POOL SCHEDULE UPDATES (February 27 and March 2, 2015)
1) March 2 Update – The shallow end of the pool will NOT be open for Public Swim this Saturday March 7th until 1:45 PM. The deep end should be ready to go at 1:30 PM following a Swim Meet booking from 12:00-1:30 PM. Sorry of any inconvenience!
2) DAY LIGHT SAVINGS TIME returns on Sunday March 8th. So ‘spring’ your clocks ahead one hour when you go to bed on Saturday March 7th, or you will be late for your swim on Sunday!
3) During March Break (March 15-20) all of the afternoon swims Monday thru Friday will be whole pool Rec Swims from 4:30-6:00 pm.
4) We are running a multi-level Lifesaving Camp during March Break: Junior Lifeguard, Bronze Star, Bronze Medallion, Bronze Cross & National Lifeguard. Click on: http://athletics.carleton.ca/aquatics/
5) On Easter weekend (April 3-6) the Public/Members swim schedule is as follows:
Friday April 3 – 1:30-4:30 pm (ONLY) – whole pool REC Swim * other swims/aquatic programs cancelled
Saturday April 4 – 1:30-4:30 pm – whole pool REC Swim
Sunday April 5 – 11:45 am-1:15 pm - WOMEN Only – whole pool REC Swim
Sunday April 5 – 1:30-4:30 pm – whole pool REC Swim * evening swim (9:10-10:25 pm) is cancelled
Monday April 6 – 1:30-4:30 pm (ONLY) – whole pool REC Swim * other swims/aquatic programs cancelled
6) Annual Spring Maintenance Shutdown (Friday April 10 thru Sunday May 3, 2015).
The pool will close at 5:30 pm on Fri April 10 and will re-open for the first swim of the spring session on Mon May 4th at 6:00 am.
Steve Baird (Aquatics Coordinator)
Attention Swimmers: Please be advised that Public Swim ID Audits could happen at anytime.
ALL Public Swimmers must provide proof of payment: HAND STAMP or RECEIPT. Members, faculty & staff, and registered Carleton Students may be asked to identify themselves by NAME and ID number so that ‘membership status’ can be verified.