1) Our final LONGCOURSE 50 M set-up swims will be next week on Tuesday June 23 & Thursday June 25, from 7:30-8:30 AM. After that, the bulkhead will remain in the middle of the pool until Weds Sept 2nd.Our 50-metre indoor L-shaped pool has a diving area with a 3-platform Olympic diving tower, springboards, a slide, a bubbler and a swing rope. The pool has a flow-over-edge design that facilitates getting into and out of the water. A step-ramp in the shallow end makes for easier access. The high ceiling, excellent ventilation and natural light make this pool a pleasure to use. The pool is supervised by qualified, professional and caring lifeguards / aquatic instructors.
ALL swims on our Pool Schedules are open to the general public (see public swim rates below). Carleton University students, faculty, staff and community members are welcome to ALL swims listed at no charge. Children under (14) MUST be accompanied by an adult 18 year of age or older. Direct supervision of children under (14) is required in the pool area, the locker rooms and throughout the facility. One adult is required to supervise every two children less than 7 years of age. In the pool area, children under 7 years of age should be within ‘arms-reach’.
Water running (deep end) is available during all (whole pool or deep end) REC & LANE Swims. ALL groups larger than of (8) should book in advance, by emailing email Steve Baird (Aquatics Coordinator).
External Coaches, Swim Instructors (Policy): Personal trainers, coaches or instructors, who are not employees of Carleton Recreation and Athletics, are not permitted to use Carleton facilities to coach, teach or instruct individuals or groups. This includes all facilities: Swimming Pool, Fitness Centre, Field House, Gyms & other freelance areas (Multi-purpose Room, Fitness Studios). Freelance time in the pool refers to all Public Swims. The priority during our public swims for our patrons and members (student, staff, faculty and members) is a safe and unimpeded access to all lanes and leisure areas, for fitness and recreational swimming. External trainers, coaches and instructors cannot use space for lessons or training sessions during any public swim. To discuss special arrangements or pool rental availabilities, contact Steve Baird (Aquatics Coordinator).
Public Swim Pricing
- Children (under 14): $3.50
- Adults: $4.85
- Family (up to 4 kids and 2 adults): $15.60
All Changes to Public Swim Schedule will be announced HERE. Contact us to confirm the pool schedule.
POOL SCHEDULE UPDATE (Tuesday June 30, 2015)
1) The Summer Pool Schedule began on Monday June 29th. Check the schedule below.
2) The will be no LONGCOURSE 50 M set-up swims at the Carleton Pool until Weds Sept 2nd.
3) The Pool will be CLOSED on Weds July 1st … Happy Canada Day!!
4) The evening Public Swim on Friday July 10 (8:10-9:25 PM) is CANCELLED.
Keep checking this location for any and all pool schedule changes or updates!
The SUMMER (June 29-Sept 7) pool schedule is below. The next time you join us for a swim, ask the Welcome Centre Staff or the Pool Staff, for a green wallet sized spring-summer pool schedule card.
Thank-you for Swimming at CARLETON!
Steve Baird (Aquatics Coordinator)
Attention Swimmers: Please be advised that Public Swim ID Audits could happen at anytime.
ALL Public Swimmers must provide proof of payment: HAND STAMP or RECEIPT. Members, faculty & staff, and registered Carleton Students may be asked to identify themselves by NAME and ID number so that ‘membership status’ can be verified.