Lifesaving Camp Registration will open on Tuesday JANUARY 24, 2023 at 9:00am
SUMMER LUNCHES: A full cafeteria lunch will be offered as an optional add-on to your summer camp registration at a cost of $43 + HST per week (5-days).
JUNIOR LIFEGUARD CAMP
Fee: $296.00 / Optional Res Cafeteria Lunch Fee: $43.00 + HST (5-days)
Time: 8:30 am-4:00 pm / a 5-day camp
For kids 9 years & up who can swim at least 25m & tread water for 2 minutes.
Note: Our cafeteria is certified to be peanut and tree nut free. Parents also have the option to pack nutritious lunch for their child as an alternative. Campers in the same lifesaving class who bring their own lunch will sit together at a location outside of the cafeteria. Unfortunately, campers who bring their own lunch are not permitted to eat inside the cafeteria.
The Junior Lifeguard Camp is scheduled from 8:30 am-4:00 pm. The regular Drop-Off time is 8:15-8:30 am and Pick-Up time is at 4:15 pm in the Field House. Optional Early/Late supervision is available a cost of $25.00 for the week. Early supervision (8:00-8:30 am) / Late supervision (4:00 pm to 4:45 pm).
(3) Summer Junior Lifeguard Camps
1) Tuesday July 4-Saturday July 8 (Mon July 3 is a Stat Holiday)
2) Monday July 31-Friday August 4
3) Monday August 28-Friday September 1
Serious FUN … that is our Junior Lifeguard Camp in a nutshell. A serious purpose, lifesaving, coached in a fun way. Junior Lifeguards will be introduced to the 3-level Canadian Swim Patrol program (Rookie, Ranger and Star Patrol).
- learn about lifesaving and lifeguarding
- experience lifeguarding in a Camp atmosphere
- make friends and have a great time
- get fit and strive for personal bests
- begin to progress through the 3-level Swim Patrol program and prepare for Bronze Star
Our camps will follow Health & Safety guidelines provided by the Provincial Government, Ontario Public Health, Ottawa Public Health and the Ontario Lifesaving Society. A Summer Lifesaving Camp Info email will be sent to parents/candidates on the Friday prior to each camp.