This is a great opportunity to enter the Fitness Industry and begin earning income while pursuing your passion in fitness and health. Enjoy the benefits of a flexible schedule and learn from industry experts through online modules and intensive hands-on practical training. Finish your certification with a 30 hour internship that will help you exceed the industry standard.
- 16 hours of online theory lectures and 16 hours of in-class “hands on” practical training labs
- Written and practical exams. (Students are required to achieve a minimum of 72% on the written exam and a minimum of 80% on the practical exam.)
Note: does not include course textbook and liability insurance. A valid First Aid + CPR C is required to complete the practical exam
|Hybrid (online lectures, in person practical weekend)||$549 + HST||$649 + HST|
|Course Type||Start Date (Virtual)||End Date (Virtual)||Practical In-Class Session||Exam Dates|
|Winter 2023||February 6, 2023||March 19, 2023||March 18 & 19, 9am – 5pm||April 1, 2023|
Hybrid courses include 6-Weeks of online lectures and a 2-day intensive practical at the end of the 6-weeks. Hands on intensive practical will be held in the High Performance Centre at Carleton Athletics.
Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity, register today!
Accreditation & Approval of W.I.T.S.
- W.I.T.S. certification course now accepted by most CanFitPro clubs.
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- International Association of Continuing Education & Training (IACET)
- American Occupational Therapy Association – accepted as 6 CEUs
- National (American) Certification Board of Massage Therapy & Body Work – accepted as 15 CE hours
- Practical Exam reviews may be scheduled upon request prior to the exam.
- If a participant fails to meet the minimum standards to pass either the written or practical portion of the exam an option to re-take the exam will be made available. A $80 Fee is required, per exam.
- The textbook for the course can be found at https://www.witseducation.com/fit/store-shop/fitness-professionals-handbook-7th-edition/ and is an additional fee and not included in the cost of the program.
Once the course is activated there are no refunds. Once started and you cannot commit to the course you do have 12-months to complete it. If you miss the in-class component you may challenge the written and practical exam, but cannot defer to an alternate in-class session.
For additional questions please contact us by e-mail or call 613-520-2600 ext.8700