Interested in learning more about Fitness and do you want to kick-start a career in the Fitness Industry? Become a Certified Personal Trainer with World Instructor Training School (W.I.T.S.) and Carleton Athletics. Take on a career that you can be proud of!
This is a great opportunity to enter the Fitness Industry and begin earning income while pursuing your passion in fitness and health. Enjoy the benefits of a flexible schedule and learn from industry experts through online modules and intensive hands-on practical training. Finish your certification with a 30hour internship that will help you exceed the industry standard.
- 16 hours of online theory lectures and 16 hours of in-class “hands on” practical training labs
- Written and practical exams. (Students are required to achieve a minimum of 72% on the written exam and a minimum of 80% on the practical exam.)
Note: does not include course textbook and liability insurance
|Hybrid||$425 + HST||$465 + HST|
Certification Courses Spring 2019
|Course Type||Start Date||End Date||Practical In-Class Session||Written Exam Date|
|Fall Hybrid||Monday, October 7, 2019||November 17, 2019||Saturday, November 16 & Sunday, November 17, 2019 (9am – 5pm)||Saturday, November 23, 2019 (9am to 12pm)|
|Winter Hybrid||Monday, February 10, 2020||March 22, 2020||Saturday, March 21 & Sunday, March 22, 2020 (9am to 5pm)||Saturday, March 28, 2020 (9am to 12pm)|
Hybrid courses include 6-Weeks of online lectures and a 2-day intensive practical at the end of the 6-weeks. Hands on intensive practical will be held in the High Performance Centre at Carleton Athletics.
Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity, register today!
Accreditation & Approval of W.I.T.S.
- W.I.T.S. certification course now accepted by CanFitPro clubs.
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- International Association of Continuing Education & Training (IACET)
- American Occupational Therapy Association – accepted as 6 CEUs
- National (American) Certification Board of Massage Therapy & Body Work – accepted as 15 CE hours
- Practical Exam reviews will be made available the week after the written exam.
- If a participant fails to meet the minimum standards to pass either the written or practical portion of the exam an option to re-take the exam will be made available. A $80 Fee is required.
Once the course is activated there are no refunds. Once started and you cannot commit to the course you do have 12-months to complete it.
For additional questions please contact Marta Wein at email@example.com or at 613-520-2600 ext.8458