Interested in learning more about Fitness and do you want to kick-start a career in the Fitness Industry? Become a Certified Personal Trainer with World Instructor Training School (W.I.T.S.) and Carleton Athletics. Take on a career that you can be proud of!
This is a great opportunity to enter the Fitness Industry and begin earning income while pursuing your passion in fitness and health. Enjoy the benefits of a flexible schedule and learn from industry experts through online modules and intensive hands-on practical training. Finish your certification with a 30 hour internship that will help you exceed the industry standard.
- 16 hours of online theory lectures and 16 hours of in-class “hands on” practical training labs
- Note: Our Winter 2021 in-class “hands on” practical training labs will be held live on Zoom. The written and practical exams will be scheduled at a later time.
- Written and practical exams. (Students are required to achieve a minimum of 72% on the written exam and a minimum of 80% on the practical exam.)
Note: does not include course textbook and liability insurance
|Hybrid||$525 + HST||$569 + HST|
|Course Type||Start Date||End Date||Practical In-Class Session||Written Exam Date|
Hybrid courses include 6-Weeks of online lectures and a 2-day intensive practical at the end of the 6-weeks. Hands on intensive practical will be held in the High Performance Centre at Carleton Athletics (Winter 2021 will be held online with Zoom due to COVID-19 restrictions).
Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity, register today!
Accreditation & Approval of W.I.T.S.
- W.I.T.S. certification course now accepted by most CanFitPro clubs.
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- International Association of Continuing Education & Training (IACET)
- American Occupational Therapy Association – accepted as 6 CEUs
- National (American) Certification Board of Massage Therapy & Body Work – accepted as 15 CE hours
- Practical Exam reviews will be made available the week after the written exam.
- If a participant fails to meet the minimum standards to pass either the written or practical portion of the exam an option to re-take the exam will be made available. A $80 Fee is required.
- The textbook for the course can be found at https://www.witseducation.com/fit/store-shop/fitness-professionals-handbook-7th-edition/ and is an additional fee and not included in the cost of the program.
Once the course is activated there are no refunds. Once started and you cannot commit to the course you do have 12-months to complete it. If you miss the in-class component you may challenge the written and practical exam, but cannot defer to an alternate in-class session.
For additional questions please contact us by e-mail or call 613-520-2600 ext.8700