The Carleton Ravens 4 on 4 spring hockey league launches for its second season this spring 2019! This league will provide participants with fun, fast-paced, wide open hockey with no stoppages or faceoffs. The openness of the game will allow players more chances to move the puck, develop their skills, generate opportunities for breakaways and allow goalies to experience more action. The goal of the program is to provided a safe and structured environment that fosters learning, healthy competition and fun on and off the ice
Registration is now OPEN for our Spring 2019 Program
Please scroll to the bottom for registration links.
- The program will run from Saturday, March 30 to Sunday, June 16, 2019
- There will be no games scheduled on April 20/21 and May 25/26, 2019
- Games will be scheduled on Saturday/Sunday mornings
- A detailed game schedule will be provided to parents once the league is finalized.
- All games will take place at the Carleton Ice House
- Each team guaranteed 20 games (including playoffs)
- 22 minute continuous games played on full ice
- Co-ed divisions for Hockey Initiation, Novice and Atom
- No body checking at all levels
- Line changes every one minute 30 seconds
- Team Jersey included
Each team will consist of 10 players and 1 goalie. All games will be 22 minutes in length with two games occurring every one hour of ice time. When possible, games will be scheduled back to back or with a game break in between to minimize waiting time. Teams will play at least two games every gameday. In order to ensure that players received equal ice time, a buzzer will sound every one minute and 30 seconds indicate a line change. Parent volunteers will supervise the benches during games but no coaching will occur in order to encourage player creativity and learning.
Divisions & Ages
Player’s age as of December 31, 2019
- Hockey Initiation. 5-6 year olds – birth years 2013-2014
- Novice: 7-8 year olds – birth years 2011 – 2012
- Atom: 9-10 year olds – birth years 2009 – 2010
Hockey Initiation (Ages 5-6) – (Co-ed)
- This division is intended for participants who have completed their first year of hockey and for players who are more experienced with the game.
- Please note that there are no designated goaltenders in the Hockey Initiation Division. Players will take turns acting as goalie throughout the season.
Novice (Ages 7-8) – (Co-ed)
- This division is intended for participants who are currently or will be playing House level hockey
Atom (Ages 9-10) – (Co-ed)
- This division is intended for participants who are currently playing at any level of House League in the 2018-19 minor hockey season.
Goaltenders will receive a special discounted price when registering for our spring 4 on 4 hockey league. In addition to a discounted price, goaltenders will receive the following benefits exclusive to them.
- 100% guaranteed ice time as only one goalie will be assigned per team.
- Guaranteed friend request. Any request to be placed on the same team as any one skater at the same level will be honoured (provided no other goalies have requested the same player).
- Opportunity to play extra games (at no cost) in order to cover for goalie absences on other teams.
* Please note, all goalies must register under the appropriate goalie offering for their specific division (i.e Novice Goalies or Atom Goalies).
If you have any questions about divisions and appropriate levels please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 613.520.2600 ext. 1012 before registering
Registration information of playing experience will be used to create teams of equal skill level for the start of the season. All teams will be evaluated by league coordinators during the first three weeks of the season and if necessary, players may be moved in order to ensure all teams in the division are as equal as possible.
Please note that only ONE friend request will be accepted per participant to ensure balanced teams are created. League coordinators will do their best to ensure that friend requests are honoured if received before March 10, 2019. One of the goals of our 4-on-4 spring hockey program is to ensure that teams are fair and well balanced. Balancing team rosters can be difficult when groups of friends are all together on the same team. We feel that this policy will help with that goal and will also allow participants to meet and make new friends.