The goal of the Junior Ravens Basketball Program is to provide junior basketball players with the opportunity to maximize their potential through age appropriate skill development for continuous improvement. The program will also give young players the chance to stay fit, develop friendships and have fun while learning techniques that will be the building blocks for more advanced learning in the future.
2022 Junior Ravens Winter Basketball
The winter program has 16 lessons (1 hour long) running from Wednesday, January 11 to Sunday, March 26 (no classes on Feb 15, Feb 19, Feb 22, Mar 1, Mar 12 & Mar 15).
WINTER REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN.
Details about the WINTER program can be found below.
The Junior Ravens Basketball program has 2 sessions which take place in the FALL and WINTER. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer a spring program.
The 2023 WINTER PROGRAM includes:
- All games & pratices take place at Carleton University’s renowned Ravens’ Nest and Norm Fenn Gym, two of the finest basketball venues in Ottawa.
- Skill development sessions coached by our experienced Ravens coaches, varsity and representative players in order to foster a consistent environment for development and learning.
- Skill development sessions will take place on Wednesday evenings where players will work on an age appropriate program to improve and reinforce skills in areas such as: ball handling, shooting, footwork, defense and team play.
- Game days will take place on Sunday afternoons.
- Parents can remain in the Ravens Nest on Sundays for game days. Due to the smaller size of our Norm Fenn Gymnasium we ask that only one parent/guardian accompany their child(ren) to watch the program on Wednesday evenings.
- Each participant will receive a Junior Ravens basketball jersey.
- Players will be placed in groups of 10-15 people and will remain in their group for the duration of the program.
Schedule, Location & Price
The WINTER PROGRAM will take place in our Ravens Nest and Norm Fenn Gymnasiums on Sunday afternoons and Wednesday evenings. The program is open to all children who are 6 to 11 years old. The winter program has 16 lessons (1 hour long) running from Wednesday, January 11 to Sunday, March 26 (no classes on Feb 15, Feb 19, Feb 22, Mar 1, Mar 12 & Mar 15). The cost of the winter program is $219.
Ages and Times are divided into the following
- Group 1: 6-7-8 years old
- Group 2: 9-10-11 years old
- Wednesday Practices (Norm Fenn Gymnasium)
- Group 1 from 7:00pm to 8:00pm
- Group 2 from 8:00pm to 9:00pm
- Sunday Game Days (Ravens Nest Gymnasium)
- Group 1 from 1:30pm to 2:30pm
- Group 2 from 2:45pm to 3:45pm
For questions regarding programming details or any other aspect of the Junior Ravens Basketball Program please contact email@example.com