The goal of the Junior Ravens Basketball Program is to provide junior basketball players with the opportunity to maximize their potential through age appropriate skill development for continuous improvement. The program will also give young players the chance to stay fit, develop friendships and have fun while learning techniques that will be the building blocks for more advanced learning in the future.
2021 Fall Junior Ravens Basketball
Registration for our fall Junior Ravens Basketball program will open on Monday, August 30 at 9:00am
Carleton University’s COVID-19 Vaccine policy requires that all individuals 12 years of age or older as of December 31, 2021 must attest to receiving their first dose vaccine by September 8, 2021, and their second dose no later than October 15, 2021 in order to access any indoor or outdoor Athletics facilities. Any individual who cannot be vaccinated on medical grounds or other protected grounds recognized by the Ontario Human Rights Code can request an exemption.
Our camps will follow the advice and guidelines provided by Ontario Public Health and other health agencies such as Ottawa Public Health and the Public Health Agency of Canada.
The Junior Ravens Basketball program has 2 sessions which take place in the FALL and WINTER. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer a spring program.
The FALL PROGRAM includes:
- Skill development sessions coached by our experienced Ravens coaches, varsity and representative players in order to foster a consistent environment for development and learning.
- Skill development sessions will take place on Wednesday evenings where players will work on an age appropriate program to improve and reinforce skills in areas such as: ball handling, shooting, footwork, defense and team play. Game days will take place on Sunday afternoons.
- All practices take place at Carleton University’s renowned Ravens’ Nest and Norm Fenn Gym, two of the finest basketball venues in Ottawa.
- Each participant will receive a reversible jersey.
- Players will be placed in groups of 10-15 people and will remain in their group for the duration of the program.
- Please note that parents are permitted to remain in the Ravens Nest on Sundays for game days. Unfortunately, due to COVID building capacities, parents will not be able to remain in our Norm Fenn Gymnasium on Wednesdays for practices.
Schedule, Location & Price
The FALL PROGRAM will take place in our Ravens Nest and Norm Fenn Gymnasiums on Sunday afternoons and Wednesday evenings. The program is open to both boys and girls who are 6 to 11 years old. The fall program has 16 lessons (1 hour long) running from Wednesday, September 15 to Wednesday, November 10 (there is no program on Sunday, October 10). The cost of the fall program is $205.
Ages and Times are divided into the following
- Novice: 6-7-8 years old
- Atom: 9-10-11 years old
- Wednesday Practices (Norm Fenn Gymnasium)
- Novice from 7:00pm to 8:00pm
- Atom from 8:15pm to 9:15pm
- Sunday Game Days (Ravens Nest Gymnasium)
- Novice from 1:30pm to 2:30pm
- Atom from 3:00pm to 4:00pm
For questions regarding programming details or any other aspect of the Junior Ravens Basketball Program please contact email@example.com