“I went to the practice last Sunday. While doing the practice drills, the coaches would cheer loudly after the kids made a play. The coaches would then pick the child up in the air over their heads and carry them back to the starting line. The kids ate it up and I’m sure they felt like they’d made the game winning Superbowl play.” – Jenny G, 2018 camps parent
Junior Ravens Football is an introductory program that provides youth the opportunity to develop fundamental skills and techniques (e.g. catching, throwing, tackling, blocking) that are essential to the game of football. Football equipment for the program, including helmets, shoulder pads, football pants and jerseys is provided for the duration of the program. Outside football equipment of any kind is not allowed. Players are required to bring proper footwear, mouth guard & water bottle.
Our Mission is to introduce youth to the game of football in a safe and structured environment that promotes the values of teamwork, respect and self-confidence. Young athletes in the Jr. Ravens Football program will acquire the necessary tools and knowledge that are essential to playing the game.
2019 Winter Junior Ravens Football
Registration is now OPEN for the Winter 2019 Junior Ravens Football Program. The fall program starts Sunday, January 13, 2019. Scroll to the bottom of the page to register.
Age categories as of program start date
- Mites is now 5-7 year old
- Tykes is now 8-9 year old
- Mosquito/Freshman is now 10-11 year old
- Peewee/Sophomore is now 12-13 year old
- Junior is now 14-15 year old
- Senior is now 16-17 years old
NEW programs for Winter 2019
Junior Ravens Prospects
- Field Only Program. Athletes will receive 8 comprehensive on-field training sessions from Carleton Ravens speed coaches in the Ravens Fieldhouse. Every Sunday, athletes will be pushed to optimize their athletic potential developing elite skills through “dynamic movement” training while having an opportunity to perfect their individual positional craft in position specific periods. No equipment for this training.
- High Performance Program.The Prospects program focuses on football specific strength and conditioning training with three workouts a week emphasizing dynamic movement (speed and agility), strength, explosiveness, mobility and conditioning. Athletes will receive 36 high performance-training sessions from Carleton University Ravens Certified Strength and Conditioning Coaches broken down into two halves. The first half consists of the foundation’ required to take your game to an elite level of play. The second half prepares athletes for their upcoming season. Athletes will have access to the state-of-the-art High Performance Centre (HPC) weekly while maximizing their on-field performance through positional coaching in the Ravens indoor turf facility. No equipment is required for this training program. Just like a game, each half is just as important for the win.
Girls Touch Football
- The new Junior Ravens Girls Touch Football program will feature two levels of female athletes who are interested in developing their football specific skills or learning the game of touch football. This program will focuses on the fundamentals skills of football such as route running, catching, pass coverage, and an overall knowledge of the game. No gear is required,
For program specific questions contact Camp Director, Josh Sacobie, email@example.com
Dates & Prices – 2019 Winter Football
- Mite ($199) – Sundays from January 13 to March 3 (9:00am to 10:00am)
- Tyke ($199) – Sundays from January 13 to March 3 (9:00am to 10:00am)
- Mosquito ($199) – Sundays from January 13 to March 3 (10:00am to 11:00am)
- Peewee ($199) – Sundays from January 13 to March 3 (10:00am to 11:00am)
- Girls Touch Football ($199) – Sundays from January 13 to March 3 (1:00pm to 2:00pm)
- Freshman/Sophomore Elites ($239) – Sundays from January 13 to March 3 (11:00am to 12:30pm)
- Junior/Senior Prospects (Field Only) ($199) – Sundays from January 13 to March 3 (12:00pm to 1:00pm)