2023 Ravens Adaptive Multisport Camp (Ages 8-18)
The Ravens Adaptive Multisport Camp is a fun five-day camp tailored to children and youth ages 8 to 18 with physical disabilities. It will offer a range of indoor and outdoor activities where campers will have an opportunity to participate in a variety of different sports which may include; wheelchair basketball, wheelchair rugby, boccia ball, kinball, wheelchair tennis/pickleball, and other fun games. Our trained and experienced staff will ensure that all sports and activities occur in a positive, safe and inclusive environment.
The program will run for one week from July 17 to July 21
The camp will make use of the full range of Carleton University’s modern and accessible indoor and outdoor facilities. The facilities used include Raven Field, Ravens Perch (stadium field), Fieldhouse, multipurpose rooms and the Norm Fenn Gymnasium. Campers stay with the same group for the week and follow their own unique group schedule. Campers will be placed in groups of similar age when possible. The registration fee includes a T-shirt.
- Campers can participate in a group environment with a 3:1 ratio (campers to staff).
- Campers who require 1:1 support will need their own personal support worker to accompany them.
- Campers can communicate their needs verbally or with a communication device. Campers must be able to provide a consistent YES/NO response.
- Assistance with toileting can be provided by a trained staff member. Please indicate this need when registering.
- Assistance with feeding can be provided by a trained staff member: Please indicate this need when registering.
We are thankful to Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities for selecting Carleton University to receive a grant from their Sport Relief Fund. With Jumpstart’s support, we are able to provide quality adaptive equipment, subsidized registration fees and trained staff for all participants who attend our Ravens Adaptive Multisport Camp.
The Ravens Adaptive Multisport Camp will cost $219. A full cafeteria lunch is included in the price. If you require financial assistance to help offset the cost of the camp, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (613.520.2600 ext.1022)
Dates & Times
- Our Ravens Adaptive Multisport Camp will run from July 17 to July 21
- The hours of the camp are from 8:30am to 4:30pm daily
- Drop off is from 8:30am to 9:00am
- Pick up is from 4:00pm to 4:30pm
- Drop off & Pick up will take place outdoors on TAGG Park (stadium field).
- Optional Early/late care will be offered at a cost of $30 for the week.
- Early care runs from 7:30am to 8:30am
- Late care runs from 4:30pm to 5:30pm