Registration will OPEN for our 2021 Summer Camps on Thursday, February 18 at 8:00am
Fencing has always been one of the most unique and popular sports at the Ravens sports camps, and this summer we will be offering the opportunity for participants who are interested in fencing to have a more in-depth experience at our fencing summer camp. Half of each day will be dedicated to fencing lessons with our Carleton fencing instructors and the other half of the day will be spent on a range of other sport activities taught by our Ravens sports camp counsellors.
Our camps will follow the advice and guidelines provided by Ontario Public Health and other health agencies such as Ottawa Public Health and the Public Health Agency of Canada.
Fencing Camp Activities
The aim of this camp is to provide boys and girls daily instruction and participation in both fencing and in a range of other sports.
Sport Activities may include:
- Ball Hockey, Basketball, Dodgeball
- European handball, Field Hockey, Soccer, Tchoukball
- Rugby, Spikeball, Ultimate, Water Games
The specific activities vary from week to week. We are not able to guarantee that a particular age group will participate in any specific activity in any given week.
The Fencing Camp makes use of the full range of Carleton University’s modern indoor and outdoor facilities.
Each day we prepare two complete schedules, one including outdoor activities for good days and the other for wet or excessively hot days which takes place entirely indoors. There is no need to worry about kids being bored if the weather turns bad.
The facilities used include our varsity fencing room, Raven Field, Norm Fenn Gym, Fieldhouse, Olympic-sized swimming pool, squash courts, and multipurpose rooms.
The registration fee includes a T-shirt and recreational swim. Please note that LUNCH is NOT included with our summer camps this year. Parents are asked to provide a nutritious lunch for their child
Children who are between 7 and 12 years old.
- Campers will be placed in smaller groups of similar age for fencing activities and sports.
Dates & Times
- Session 1: Aug 9 – Aug 13, 2021
- Session 2: Aug 16 – Aug 20, 2021
- Session 3: Aug 23 – Aug 27, 2021
- The hours of the camp are from 8:15am to 4:45pm
- Drop off is from 8:15am to 8:45am
- Pick up is from 4:15pm to 4:45pm
- Drop off and pick up will take place outdoors on MNP Field.
- Please note that early/late care will not be offered this summer