2024 Ravens Leadership Camp 2.0
New for 2024: A full cafeteria lunch is INCLUDED with our Ravens Leadership camp.
Registration for our summer land camps opened on Tuesday, January 16 at 9:00am.
Leadership 2.0 Campers will be certified in Standard First Aid with CPR C
Our Ravens Leadership 2.0 Camp is designed for adolescents who are interested in acquiring skills and knowledge to help prepare them to become a camp counsellor or to work with youth in the future. During their time at camp, leadership 2.0 campers will have many opportunities to apply what they have learned (through interaction with younger campers and peers and organizing and teaching activities). The Leadership 2.0 campers will work together to organize an entire afternoon of activities for nearly the entire sports camp.
Camp Price (Includes a Cafeteria Lunch)
The Ravens Leadership 2.0 Camp will cost $747 ($703 for 9 days)
Carleton University Leadership Camp focuses on the following:
- Goal Setting
- Teamwork & Communication
- Leadership Styles
- Employment/Interview Skills
- Job Readiness & Resume building
- Problem Solving & Managing Adversity
- Facilitation & Activity Planning
- Safety and Supervision for instructional programs
- Self Care & Personal Well Being
- Inclusion, Diversity & Social Responsibility
The Ravens Leadership 2.0 Camp focuses on both theory and practical development. At the end of the two-week session, each camper will receive a formal evaluation/reference and a certificate of completion.
Standard First Aid with CPR C Course Content:
- Victim assessment
- External Bleeding
- Heart Attack & Stroke
- Wounds and Burns
- Demonstrate two-rescuer adult, child and infant cardiopulmonary resuscitation on a manikin.
- Demonstrate the recognition and care of a victim with a suspected spinal injury on land.
- Demonstrate the recognition and care of a victim suffering from: heat cramps, heat exhaustion,heat stroke, hypothermia and frostbite
- Demonstrate the recognition and care of a bone or joint injury.
- Demonstrate the recognition and care of a chest injury.
- Demonstrate the recognition and care of a head injury.
- Demonstrate the recognition and care of a seizure victim.
- Demonstrate the recognition and care of a diabetic emergency.
- Demonstrate the recognition and care of a victim suffering from suspected poisoning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the effects of stress on victims, rescuers, and bystanders, as well as the consequences of an unsuccessful rescue.
- Includes CPR-C certification. Recognized by Ontario’s Workplace Safety & Insurance Board.
Leadership Camp Age Range
Teenagers who are between 14 and 17 years old.
The registration fee includes a t-shirt, recreational swim and a full cafeteria lunch. Please note our cafeteria does not use any peanut or tree nuts in their recipes, and does not purchase products with peanuts or tree nuts in the ingredient list. However, there is always a risk of cross-contamination due to its open kitchens and self-serve style. Hence, we advise parents of children with food allergies to communicate these allergies to us when registering.
Dates & Times
- Session 1: July 15 to July 26
- Session 2: August 12 to August 23
- The hours of the camp are from 8:30am to 4:30pm daily
- Drop off is from 8:30am to 9:00am
- Pick up is from 4:00pm to 4:30pm
- Drop off & Pick up will take place outdoors on TAAG Park (stadium field).
- Optional Early/late care will be offered at a cost of $30 for the week.
- Early care runs from 7:30am to 8:30am
- Late care runs from 4:30pm to 5:30pm
Although many of our volunteers and full time staff have previously completed the Ravens Leadership Camp, camp attendance and completion does not guarantee future employment or volunteering opportunities within the Carleton camp program