Group Fitness Instructor
Group Fitness Instructor Job Description
Fitness Instructors are the leaders of their respective fitness classes. Through careful planning, the instructor works to create an effective group fitness class that provides elements of cardiovascular fitness, strength, endurance and/or flexibility. Classes are taught based on their specific class formats, such as Group Fitness, Yoga, Group Cycling, Plates, Martial Arts and Dance. Instructors are expected to maintain a current certification in their respective class, as well as maintain a current CPR certification. Instructors should be capable of providing alternatives to exercises, in order to create an inclusive fitness environment for individuals of all skill levels and abilities.
- Ensuring classes are accessed properly (i.e. class lists and CUFit passes) and that classes and spaces are safe for patrons. Reporting back any concerns or issues of safety to the Assistant Manager
- Leading/Instructing the class in the prescribed format, providing cues for safety, and instructing in modification where required.
- Communicating important information to clients, and informing clients of upcoming promotions, or changes to the class schedule/location
- Proactively offering exercise tips, training and advice to patrons to create a friendly and motivational fitness environment, and contribute to Carleton Athletics’ positive reputation
- Reporting class attendance using Microsoft Teams, and ensuring that information is up-to-date in all systems
- Setting up and taking down equipment for the class and ensuring that participants return equipment properly
- Conducting spot checks of equipment and reporting back to the Assistant Manager
- Providing effective emergency response if needed to patrons, and reporting all incidents to the Assistant Manager
- Commitment to Carleton Athletics’ values of cultural enrichment, diversity, respect, responsibility and excellence in customer service
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to motivate and interact with clients of different backgrounds
- Up-to-date certification in Group Fitness, Spin, Yoga, or Martial Arts
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR certification
- Knowledge of Fusion or other database/client management systems is an asset
- Strong background in customer service
If you feel like any of these jobs would be a good fit for you please apply below.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for applying.