Staff are here to help provide a safe environment for your workout. Requests from staff must be followed. Failure to abide by the code of conduct and/or failure to follow staff instructions will lead to a removal of Fitness Centre access privileges.
- Proper identification is required to use this facility. (i.e., membership card, student card, or day-pass receipt) All patrons must swipe their membership card at the Welcome Centre Desk and the Fitness Centre Desk
- Patrons must be 14 years of age or older to use the Fitness Centre.
- To borrow equipment (bands, foam pads, etc.) you will need photo ID.
- No food or drink (except for a water bottle with a lockable lid) will be permitted inside the Fitness Centre.
- All patrons must clean equipment before and after use.
- No filming, photography or phone calls (hands-free calls are permitted).
- Gym bags and personal items are not allowed in the Fitness Centre. Small drawstring bags are permitted.
- No excessive noise. Remember you are not alone in the Fitness Centre.
- Always be aware of your surroundings to avoid accidents.
- For your health and safety, we ask that you wear appropriate exercise clothing as well as proper athletic footwear.
- Garments with metal rivets, buttons, belts, or exposed zippers are not permitted.
- Athletic Footwear is required (no bare feet, flip-flops, work boots or outdoor shoes). Without proper footwear you will not be given access to the Fitness Centre.
- Socks on mats are permitted. No bare feet at any time
- Avoid strong scented perfumes, deodorants, or colognes. Other patrons might be sensitive to strong smells.
USE OF EQUIPMENT:
- Do not drop weights.
- Return all dumbbells, barbells, and plates to their proper racks after using them.
- Use clamps or collars on the barbells.
- Do not sit on exercise equipment between your sets.
- 30 minutes max on cardio machines.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Inform staff of broken equipment.
- Ask questions about equipment if you are unsure how to use it.
- Bring any grievances about other patrons to the attention of the staff and allow them to handle difficult situations.
- Be respectful to staff and patrons.